Mini update 1.1 Potential gameplay and story idea


I couldn't sleep, and was trying to figure out where I was going wrong with my project and why the games I was coming up with felt generic and like a Frankenstein's monster of other games. Then I realized that I was designing the thing by the numbers and that it wasn't something that I truly identified with.

So instead I began to think of myself as a games studio and my project as a product. This means that going forward I might use 'we' instead of 'I' to show the collective influence within the project. As well as to give anyone going along the journey of creating this with me the sense of inclusion.

So, a late night brain storm session ensued where I began to collect all the information given to us and all the ideas pitched at us. We scrapped our previous ideas of an online PvP game and came at it from a fresh perspective and one which I felt could tell us a better and more compelling story. Honestly, nothing was coming to mind and as I was about to sleep I kept thinking that we wanted more out of this product. Then it hit me, Moore's Law. To quote Wikipedia (I know it's bad)  "Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles approximately every two years." to put it simply, technology advances really fast in a short amount of time making previous 'marvels' obsolete faster than ever before and this trend would continue in an exponential curve. The thought of Moore's Law was beginning to stir gameplay ideas within my head.  

The game as I now envisioned it to be was a survival mystery game asking the question "what does it mean to live and how can we leave our mark on this world."


If you play the following song at about half speed I think it would better convey the emotional direction of the given product of which I have taken to giving the name Moore's Law



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duel: Film Review