Your classmate, Dan Reason has a new blog url after some tech gremlins messed with his original - please add him to your reading list, as he's been follower-less since day one :(
Hi Tumo it's Mark. I like no 1 and no 15 as they have a sort of mystic quality to them. Although what you've done so far I think I'll agree with current consensus that maybe you should try less literal thumbnails. Its a good foundation, and when I did Despina I had thoughts of "It sounds like a ship/camel, but its not", a blend between a ship and a structure. The two I like best I think show off "is but isn't" best as they're more vague as to what they are.
Hoping to splash some color on this blog as its been a lot of greyscale work recently but there we go more fire witch concepts. this time her ultimate form
So I finished this a short while ago. Interesting to see how much more work I need to put in to truly get good at this but a decent step none the less, learnt a few things. and a step by step gif: things to work on: better comps colors lighting shape language
So this is something I did as a little cooldown piece after I wrapped up on some stuff during the day. It's kinda cool but I'm probably gonna take her back to the board and get some edits and stuff in it. the design just isn't doing it for me 100% of what I know it can be.
Like no 1 - evocative without being literal.
ReplyDeleteYour classmate, Dan Reason has a new blog url after some tech gremlins messed with his original - please add him to your reading list, as he's been follower-less since day one :(
ReplyDeletehttp://dreason479.blogspot.co.uk
I'm will Phil on this one!. 1 is definitely the most interesting for me but 4 as well. The forms sort of rise out of an ocean. Great work Tumo!
ReplyDeleteHi Tumo it's Mark. I like no 1 and no 15 as they have a sort of mystic quality to them. Although what you've done so far I think I'll agree with current consensus that maybe you should try less literal thumbnails. Its a good foundation, and when I did Despina I had thoughts of "It sounds like a ship/camel, but its not", a blend between a ship and a structure. The two I like best I think show off "is but isn't" best as they're more vague as to what they are.
ReplyDelete